Saturday, July 28, 2012

7.28.12


I've been wanting to make ceramic spoons for quite a while--they're cute and easy to fire in a baby kiln like mine. I know other artists use molds to get them evenly shaped and maybe I will in the future. But for now I kind of got a rhythm going making the tiny bowls and handles separately and then joining them. We'll see how they fare while drying and firing...you never know. Me and porcelain are taking a little break from each other. We haven't broken up, I just think I need to see other clays. Too much cracking (on special orders, of course..arrgh) made me a crazy lady every time I peeked under the plastic.

In the meantime, I'm still happy with the bracelet factory I've got goin' on. I think they will make for lovely Holiday shopping. Here's some skinnies I stamped with my bisque initials and glazed the rims. Me likie.


No comments:

Post a Comment