Friday, July 29, 2011

Unexpected

I hope you are having a lovely summer if you're in the Northern Hemisphere. Life moves much slower around here. Simplified. The questions of "what to do today" are open-ended and each morning provides a lazy menu of choices. Summers at home with kids feel indulgent--and they are. Many of my personal goals get put on hold because this time is just so fleeting. And I don't want to miss a minute of it.

When I started with clay, I figured I would keep it small. I purchased a small kiln, named Dutch (as in dutch oven) who sqeezed in the garage alongside our 5 bikes. Weeeelll, funny how things just fall into your lap. Meet the new member of our family, Nellie. She's a basic kick wheel in need of a good scrubbing/sanding/possibly a shocking paint color. But she's welcome just the same.

I am looking forward to Fall. But savoring summer for just a few weeks more.

No comments:

Post a Comment