Sunday, June 5, 2011

Welcome!


I promised myself I wouldn't start another blog, but I felt that alluvial needed a home. Not just a facebook page and an etsy shop, but a home. Where I could talk about making things...the carving, creating, firing (and misfiring!) that make this other world my own. Not just marketing and ads, but honestly sharing about my creative process--and the love/hate that accompanies that.

I also like to paint. After a prolonged period of painting, my brain becomes flooded with color and I long for the absence of it. Pure. White. Blank. And that's what alluvial has become to me. A yin to the yang. An abstract to the realist. Two sides..my other shoe.

Someone asked me if I thought I was "diluting" myself artistically by doing both. On the contrary, I believe I am now complete.

Thank you for joining me. Please feel free to comment, I would love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment